Author, Leader, Speaker, Mentor
For more than thirty years Art Murphy has been respected nationally and internationally as a leader, innovator, and pioneer in children and family ministry.
The Faith of a Child [Moody Publishers]
First Things First: A Spiritual Growth Journal for Children [helping children develop good habits]
Targets for Successful Parenting [live training event for parents and grandparents]
Step by Step: Leading Your Child to Christ [seven lesson video training course]
The NEXT LEVEL: Children's Ministry Leadership Training [10-12 hour training course]
How to WIN at Recruiting Children's Ministry Volunteers [ten proven strategies for building an effective recruiting system]
Children's Ministry Pastor, First Baptist Church, Orlando, FL
1984 - 2001
• Ministry grew to 2000 children, and a school of 1000 [k-12]
• Built a team of 725 volunteers [starting with 67]
• Over 1300 children became Christ-followers during this time period.
Founder/President, Children's Ministry Solutions (formerly Arrow Ministries)
1996 - present
• God has blessed Art with a unique insight, passion, and expertise in the areas of children's ministry, volunteer enlistment, leadership development, children and salvation, and parenting.
• Thousands of churches use Art's training and resources to impact the lives of millions of children.
Chairman, Children & Preschool Ministers Metro
1998 - 1999
• Membership included approximately 100 children & preschool ministers from the largest churches in the U.S.
2010 - present
Family Pastor, BridgePoint Church, St. Petersburg, FL
2011 - 2014
• Founded in 2006. By 2011 attendance had grown to 250.
• From 2011-2014 attendance grew to over 1600.
• KidzPoint (birth-5th grade) grew from 25 to 200.
• KidzPoint volunteers grew from 6 to 95.
Family Ministry Consultant, First Baptist Church, Daytona Beach, FL
• Served as advisor to pastor and staff during transition to new campus
• Led design team for new children's building
• Mentored new family ministry pastor
• Selected and trained children's ministry leadership team
• Created all new children's programming and schedule
• Increased volunteers from 25 to 145
• Interviewed by USA Today, Moody Radio, Today's Family, and various media outlets regarding childhood and parenting issues.
• Consultant to several of the largest churches and Christian organizations in the U.S. [see sample client list]
Speaker/Teacher at National Conferences & Events Including:
• Children's Pastors Conference (INCM) [San Diego, Nashville, Orlando]
• National Pastors' Conference (Jacksonville, FL)
• National Preschool and Children's Conference (Lifeway, Nashville)
• Preschool and Children's Ministers Metro Conference
• State Evangelism Conferences (AR, KY, OK, PA)
• Ridgecrest (NC) & Glorietta (NM) Training Centers (SBC)
• Keynote speaker at dedication of Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital, Orlando, FL
• National Rec-Lab (Orlando)
• Plus, The Next Level regional training events in over 200 cities
Whether you are a seasoned veteran, or a rookie just starting, you will benefit from Art's expertise, insight, creativity, encouragement, and honesty. Coaching sessions are scheduled:
• One hour each week by phone or web cam
• Basic program is three months
• Or, you may prefer a three day retreat format. Your place, or beautiful St. Petersburg, FL
Contact us about setting up a mentoring plan for you and/or your staff.
Union University (Jackson, TN)
2010 - present
B.S. Health and Physical Education 
• Voted "Mr. Union University" by student body
• Varsity men's basketball team
Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (Louisville, KY)
Pastoral Ministries , Union University campus, Jackson, TN
University of Memphis (Memphis, TN) [formerly Memphis State University]
M.Ed. Early Childhood Education 
• Additional studies in counseling and educational administration/supervision